- 28 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Creating a Take-Off Template when Integrated with Ascora
- Updated on 28 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Creating Take-Off Templates is a time-saving option to populate Projects with frequently used Measurements. When integrated with Ascora, Measurements can be linked manually to Ascora Inventory Supplies or Kits.
Creating Take-Off Templates
1. Copying an existing Stage to a Take-Off Template
When Measurement Parts are already linked to Ascora Inventory Supplies or Kits, Take-Off Templates are created by Copying an existing Stage in a Project.
- From the Worksheet tab, click Stage Actions
- Click Copy to new Template
2. Building a new Take-Off Template
- From the Groundplan home page, navigate to the Take-Off Templates tab
- Click +Take-Off Template
- Enter the Template Name and click Create
- Click +Measurement and click to add Count, Length or Areas
- Select Measurement Part Type and complete remaining fields
- Click Create
If additional Parts and Labour are required, click Create & Add More Parts
Linking Take-Off Measurements to Ascora Inventory
Take the following steps to link Ascora Products within Take-Off Templates:
- From the Groundplan home page, click Take-Off Templates and click Take-off Template name to amend
- Click Measurement name
- Click Part Actions and click Delete
- Click +Part
- Select Ascora Inventory Supply or Ascora Inventory Kit
- Begin your search by entering 3 letters
- Click to select item
- Click Save
Frequently Asked Questions
I've updated my pricing in Ascora. Why do my templates still show the old pricing?
Inventory Supply and Kit Pricing is saved at the time of Take-Off Template creation.
Pricing in the Template will stay the same as when first created but will update when it reaches the Ascora Quote.
I have used the Import Take-off Template function to bring in my Measurements. Do I still need to link the Ascora Products?
Measurements will need to be linked manually to Ascora Inventory Supply or Kits. You can follow the steps in the GIF above.
Why won't my Additional Items and Additional Labour save in my Template when I use Copy to New Template?
Unfortunately, these are for the Stage only and will not be saved in a Take-off Template.
If you regularly need to add Additional Items and Additional Labour to a Stage, consider saving these separately into a Take-off Template, then apply to the Project from the Worksheet and adjusting the totals.
I have an existing Time and Materials Quote in Ascora that I want to push new Quantities to. Can I do this?
No. Groundplan supports updating Quotes that have Sections Pricing Method ONLY.
Organise your session today! Click Help > Send us a Message and ask to book in for free training.
Trainers can assist with:
- Workflow solutions
- Time-saving tips
- Making sure you're getting the most out of your subscription
If you've accessed your free training and need further support, reach out to book a 1 or 2-hour paid session.