- 21 Apr 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Downloading / Exporting Plans
- Updated on 21 Apr 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Export Plans complete with Measurements and markups to a PDF file in a few clicks.
From the Plan
Click Save PDF
(optional) Select additional Plans
The current Plan will be selected
Click to select additional Plans from the Project
- Per Group select / deselect all Plans in a Group such as “Plans” or “First floor” using the check the box next to the Group name
- Individually select/ deselect individual Plans within a Group using the box to the left of the Plan name
(optional) Select Stages
By default Include all Stages is selected
Include all Stages
Include all Stages and all Measurements on selected Plan/s
(optional) Only include selected Stages
Click to select then choose selected Stages and all their Measurements on the selected Plan/s
All selected Stages and all their Measurements will appear on the PDF Export and Legend
Stages or Measurements "hidden" on the Plan editor will be included in the Plan Export
All Plan Annotations are Exported with either selection
Plan Annotations are not linked to specific Stages
(optional) Select File Compilation
By Default Create one PDF per Plan (better for digital use) is selected
Create one PDF per Plan
- A folder is created for each Group
- Each Plan will be a separate PDF
- Each Plan Legend will be a separate PDF
(optional) Create one PDF per Group
Click to select
When Groups have multiple Plans selected
- Each Plan will be one page on a mutli-page PDF
- Each Plan Legend will be on a separate page/s in a multi-page PDF
- Click Generate Export
By default the file will be Downloaded to a compressed "zip" format
To change, uncheck the Always automatically Download Exports (as .zip) checkbox
* From the Project tab: Click Download Plans
* From the Plans tab: Click Download Plans
* From Inside a Plan: Click Save PDF
Download does not start in a reasonable time.
Click click here to Download.
Nothing Downloaded when you clicked the Download link.
The browser may be blocking the Download:
- Click the Download button on the address bar.
On the right-most side
- Click the radial button allow Groundplan to Download multiple files .
- Click Done.
Downloads are taking a longer than usual.
Click Email when ready and the Export will be emailed when it's ready.
We have a queuing system to prevent the server from being overloaded
Most of the time, the Export runs straight way because the queue is free, however, this will depend on how large the Plan is and how many Groundplan Users are Exporting Plans at the same time.
How to Download the Plans without automatically Exporting a zipped file?
By default, Plans are Exported as a Zip file with a separate page for the Plan Legend.
To Download Plans as a PDF or without a Legend:
- Uncheck “Always Download exports (as zip) when ready” option
- Click Download button
Next to the Plans to Download
- Click Close
When you have finished selecting Plans to Download