- 15 Aug 2023
- 6 Minutes to read
- Updated on 15 Aug 2023
- 6 Minutes to read
The Project Information is composed of the primary data like the project name, client name, status, labels, the user owning the project, and the date the project was created in Groundplan.
Please note: This is Groundplan only information and will not be pushed into the Quote created in your integrated system.
To add or edit your project information:
- Either click the EDIT option on Project Details; or
- Click directly on the details or the pen icon to open the text box.
- Click the Save Changes button to finish;
The project details you can add or edit are:
- Name of the project - this will show in the project list;
- Description of project or scope of works;
- Client - who the project is for;
- Project Statuses are progress labels to help manage the project. They can be used visually and as filters on the main projects page. e.g., the status of Ready for review lets you know the estimator has completed the take-off, and it is ready to be reviewed.
- Project Labels are commonly set up as the type of work done, type, or means of categorising your project. These as visual guides and a filter on the main projects page.
- Project Owner: Only an Administrator of the account can change the project owner. To change this data, click on the project owner's name, and click on the new owner on the drop-down menu. Click the Save Changes button.
Add important dates for this project, e.g., tender due, supplier quote due, predicted start date.
- Click the Add button on Important Dates;
- Add a description;
- Select a date using the date selector;
- Select a time using the time selector;
- Click the Save button.
- Repeat as required.
Use To-do Lists to track a Project's progression. Set up Tasks for the team and define Start and Due dates as well as Assign team User/s if required.
- Click Create a new list
- Type in List Description
- Click and type into Enter task Description
- (optional) Click to choose a Start date
- (optional) Click to choose a Due Date
- (optional) Click Anyone to assign a User
- Add further tasks by clicking and typing into Enter task Description
- Click to add further To-do Lists
Edit, Rearrange and Delete Tasks / Lists on a Project
- Complete: Click the circle on the Task, hidden unless clicked Show Completed Tasks on the List
- Editing: Click into any section to update, change dates or re-assign to another User
- Rearrange order of Tasks or Lists: Click hold and drag (⋮)
- Show Completed can be chosen per Project / List
- Make changes to the List / Tasks, click List / Task Actions to:
- Show Completed
- Clear Tasks
Setting up Stages & Measurements
Build the worksheet and pre-define the stages and the measurements within those stages.
To do this:
- Click the Stages tab;
- Click Add new stages…;
- Type the Stage name;
- Click the Add button;
- (optional) Click the Stage Actions button (to add a description and/or measurements);
- Click the Edit option;
- (optional) Add a stage description;
- (optional) Select an existing Take-off template ;
- Click the Save button.
Repeat for all required stages.
When ready to work on a plan and add a stage, select the Link to Worksheet option and choose the stages dded beforehand and add it to the plan.
Sharing your Project
By default, the user who created the project or the project "owner" is the only user who can see and edit it. However, Groundplan lets you share the projects with other users within and outside your account for real-time collaboration.
Before proceeding to share any projects, consider that the users given access to it will be able to edit and even delete measurements, stages, and plans.
To share your project:
- Click the Sharing tab;
- The list of users on your account will show on the right side under the Click to share section.
- Click the users with whom you want to share the project with to move their names under the Who Has Access () section;
- For users outside your organization/account:
- Enter their email address and press the enter key on your keyboard. They must be active users in their organisation for their names to be listed under the Invite People list.
- Once they come up on the list, click on their name, and they will also have access to the project.
Sharing projects with users outside of your organisation/account is not available to customers trialing Groundplan
Automatically share your new projects with other users
To collaborate with other users regularly, create a Project Template and set up the Sharing settings on it and use it on the next projects.
The Attachments page holds all uploaded files, including the plan files, images, logos, etc. These can be downloaded by clicking the file name or the download button.
Scope of works, additional images and supporting files can aslo be uploaded.
Adding Attachments to your Project
- Upload your attachments to the Attachments page; or
- Drop the files on the Plans page;
- Click the Review button;
- Then select the Save as attachment option;
- And then, click the Upload button.
- All attachments are scanned for viruses.
- Attachments are limited to known files extensions e.g., documents, images, videos or zipped files.
- Attachment contents are required to match the extensions - e.g., a PDF renamed to a JPG would not upload.
This list is especially helpful to access original plan versions, especially after revision, as in the plan tab, the original file gets replaced by the newly revised plan.
The attachments available in this part of the system only stay in Groundplan and do not get copied over as attachments to your quantities export or quotes in your integrated systems.
The Exports page contains a log of the plan exports made in that particular project.
View export dates, and download earlier versions of marked-up plans as references for revisions.
Exported Quantites (CSV) are not included in the exports list.
The Activity Log is a list of actions made on the project, noting the user who made the change and the activity's date and time.
The log only records the main actions made on the projects, such as:
- The creation of the project, noting if it was created using a Project Template or as a blank project;
- Changing the Project Status;
- Adding important dates;
- Transferring the ownership of the project to another user;
- Sharing the project with another user/s;
- Adding Plan Groups;
- Uploading plans and/or attachments;
- Setting the scale of the plan;
- Creating a stage;
- Adding a stage to a plan;
- Renaming a stage;
- Adding a Take-off Template to a plan;
- Creating a measurement under a Stage;
- Creating a section in a plan;
- Renaming Plans;
- Marking plans as "complete";
- Creating a new plan by snipping an existing plan;
- Copying a plan;
- Removing or Deleting a plan;
- Revising a plan;
- Exporting of plans;
If ever you come to notice a "Connection Warning" on the upper right side of the screen while doing your take-off, we recommend to refresh the page and wait for the connection to be stable before continuing. Try one of the actions listed above to test if Groundplan logs the changes to ensure that you are properly connected to our server and that your measurements are going to be saved.