- 15 Dec 2021
- 4 Minutes to read
- Updated on 15 Dec 2021
- 4 Minutes to read
What are Take-off templates?
Take-off templates are a way of saving a group of items that you regularly use when measuring/designing plans.
Creating and using Take-off templates saves you from manually choosing a new count, length, or area each time and allowing you to keep the same symbols for each measurement.
Setting up a new Take-off Template
- Click on the Take-Off templates menu option;
- Click the green + Take-Off Template button;
- Type in the name of your template;
- Click the Create button.
Building your Take-off Template
Take-off templates can be a mixture of Counts, Lengths, and Area measurements, with a maximum limit of 199 measurements per template.
Each measurement can have additional parts and labour within them.
- Add a Take-off label (optional);
- Click the green + Measurement button;
- Click the correct measurement type;
- Fill in the measurement information;
- Select the measurement style;
- Either, click the Create button to finish the measurement;
- Or, click the Create and add more parts button to add additional parts & labour within the measurement;
- Repeat for all required measurements in the template.
Creating a Take-off Template from an existing Stage
- Click onto the Worksheet tab;
- Jump to the correct stage (if applicable);
- Along the line of the stage name, click the Actions menu button;
- Click the Copy to new template option;
- Name the new template;
- Click the Copy stage button;
- Select the Take-off template label;
- Add additional counts, lengths, and areas as required.
Only the measurements will be saved in the Take-off Template. The additional Items and Labour that you've added to your stage will not be included in your new Take-off template.
Using Take-Off Templates within a Project
When you add a Take-off Template to your stage, we will always give you the option to choose which items you would like to import from the list. To deselect any items un-tick the checkbox next to the measurement name.
Applying a Take-off template to a new stage
- Open a project;
- Click the Plans tab;
- Click to open the desired plan;
- Click the Add Stage button;
- Type the stage name;
- Type the stage description (optional);
- Under the Apply template heading, select the option Apply Take-off template;
- Click to select the Take-off template;
- Untick any measurements not required for this stage;
- Click the Create button.
The new stage will be added to your project, and your template items will be ready to start counting & measuring.
If you require additional measurements on this stage, you can create these using the +Count, +Length, and +Area buttons.
Applying a Take-off template to an existing stage
You can apply multiple Take-off templates to a Stage. The below steps can be taken within a plan or from the Worksheet tab.
- Locate the stage within the plan or on the worksheet tab;
- Click the Actions menu button;
- Click the Apply template option;
- Select the take-off template to add to the stage;
- Untick the measurements not required on this stage;
- Click the Apply Template button.
Deleting any measurements on a stage
⚠️ Caution: This action is not reversible.
- Click the measurement actions button next to the name of the measurement;
- Click the Delete option;
- Click the Delete Measurement confirmation button.
Setting-up and using Take-off Templates with your Integrations
Here are the linked for each detailed guide on how you can set up and use your Take-off Templates with your Integrated Softwares like simPRO, AroFlo, QuickBooks Online and, etc.:
- simPRO: Creating Take-off Templates when Integrated with simPRO
- AroFlo: Creating Take-off Templates when Integrated with AroFlo
- Intuit QuickBooks (Online): Creating Take-off Templates when Integrated with Intuit QuickBooks
- Tradietech: Creating Take-off Templates when Integrated with Tradietech
- Xero: Creating Take off templates when integrated with Xero
Q: I used a Take-off template in a stage and added some items in that stage. Will those items be automatically added to the Take-off template I used?
A: No. You can save the stage as a new Take-off template by using the Copy to new Template option, and then you can delete the old template to avoid confusion.
Q: When applying a Take-off template, I don’t see the option Filter by Name and Filter by Label?
A1: The Filter by Name and Filter by Label options will appear if you have more than ten Take-off templates saved in your account.
Q: Can you change the order that Takee-off Templates appear?
A1: Yes. You can sort by Name A-Z, Name Z-A, Creation Date Newest first, or Creation date Oldest first.
A2: You can add numbers to the beginning of the template names to create a custom order. However, please be careful with spacing when adding numbers as these count in the custom order.
A3: You can use Take-off Template Labels so you can filter templates and only see what you need. You can do this both in the Take-off Template screen and when applying a take-off to a project when you have more than10 Take-off templates.
Q: Why can't I edit a Take-off template?
A: Because you are a standard user and that take-off template you're trying to edit was added by an account administrator.