To add a new title block to your pdf plans, go to the details tab while you are inside a plan and press the "Setup Title Block" Button.
From here you can
- Set up a new title block
- Use our preconfigured example title block and adjust it.
Set up new title block
To start with add your first block, you can add as many blocks as you like, only limited by sizing constraints. There are three types of blocks you can add to your plans:
- Image Block - This is for adding images like your company logo.
- Text Box - This is for adding free text that relate to the plans, like descriptions.
- Table - This for adding pre-defined labels and corresponding value, like Revision Number, Date drawn, Customer etc.
1. Image box
Choose your file from your computer and it will resize for your box size.
2. Text Box
Type in the text you would like to add to the block.
Add the table's labels and its corresponding values.
Once finished press "Apply Changes" to see the title block on the plan
Then simply use the eraser tool on the plan to delete anything behind your new title block.
Resizing - Options
Firstly to adjust the sizing of the title block , go to "Options" at the top of the title block area
- Orientation - This is where you choose what size of the plan you would like the title block on.
- Height - Choose the height of the title block
- Border margin - Choose the margin of the border around the plan
- Block Padding - This is used to control the amount of space that you have around your images and text inside the block.
- Font Face - Choose your font face style.
- Text Colour
- Border Thickness - Thickness around the outside of the plan.
- Border Colour
If you are adjusting any of these options, simply hit the enter button on your keyboard to apply them to your plan.
Block Size - Weighted vs Fixed
You can choose whether your blocks are automatically spaced (Weighted) or at a fixed size (Fixed) by using this option on the block.
Save your title block as a favourite so you can use it on future plans
Using the same title block to multiple plans
When you are on the title block set up page you will have the option to add a title block from other plans in this project. This panel will show you which plans have a title block already. Click the highlighted plan and the same title block will be replicated.
If you get an error message like the one below, go back to the block mentioned and adjust the sizing to suit.
If you want to delete any of the title block lines once complete, click the pen tool and:
- For Mac hold the "Command(⌘)" key
- For PC hold the "Ctrl" key
Then while holding the key, click the line you want to remove.
Watch a step-by-step guide on adding a Title block to your plan here: https://vimeo.com/268531302