- 13 Oct 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Configure the Simpro Integration
- Updated on 13 Oct 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Only Users registered as Administrators can configure the Groundplan / Simpro Integration.
Preparing to Connect Simpro and Groundplan
Initial Setup with recommended API Key
Configuring with an API Key is recommended, as Groundplan will automatically refresh the Simpro connection every seven days.
- API and Company Management security group permissions are needed to complete this step.
If permissions are not held, or you want to Configure without the API key, complete steps 1-4, then click Connect.
- Click My Account then click Setup
- Click Integrations
- Click Configure on the Simpro tile
- Enter your Simpro URL
- Check the (Recommended) Add an API Key
- Click Automatically Pre-fill (a new tab will open)
If you are prompted to log into Simpro, please repeat the above steps after logging in
- Within the Simpro Tab, click Create
- Click Download Key
- Return to Groundplan, click Choose file and select the file named oauth.txt (from the downloads folder)
The integration is now connected.
If Simpro is configured with multiple companies, a maximum of six companies can be synced to Groundplan.
- Click select a Company and select
Choose up to six if required
- Select the checkbox next to the Default Company
- Click Save & Sync
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I link Groundplan to more than one Simpro build?
You can only have your Groundplan Account linked to one Simpro URL. If you have more than one Simpro URL requiring Quotes to be sent to, you will separate Groundplan Accounts for each URL you wish to use.
However, Groundplan can connect to multiple companies with a single Simpro URL if you have a multi-company Simpro build.
Can I switch between Simpro URLs on my Groundplan?
All data pulled through from Simpro Groundplan is based on IDs. By disconnecting one Simpro URL and reconnecting to a different one, you will have data problems, including Measurements not sending across to Simpro correctly.
Can I have more than one Groundplan Account linked to the same Simpro URL?
Each Groundplan Account can be connected via the Integrations Tab.
Why can't I see the “Integrations'' tab?
Only Users who are Administrators can see the Integration Section. Please have your Administrator connect Groundplan with Simpro.
Organise your session today! Click Help > Send us a Message and ask to book in for free training.
Trainers can assist with:
- Workflow solutions
- Time-saving tips
- Making sure you're getting the most out of your subscription
If you've accessed your free training and need further support, reach out to book a 1 or 2 hour paid session.