Snap to objects
- Updated On 15 Jul 2020
- 1 Minute To Read
Learn how to find objects and measure faster.
Our Snap to objects tool, often referred to as a mouse magnet tool, is a tool which can help you to find the closest objects to your mouse cursor.
This comes is handy when measuring with our length tool i.e. It will find the end of a building much faster than you can with your mouse.
If your browser height is less than 898px (at 100% zoom level), the Snap to objects button will be hidden.
To show this button, expand your browser height and reset your zoom level to 100% or less (if needed).
Using the snap tool
- Click the Snap tool button;
- Click to select a measurement;
- Move your mouse around the plan to feel the difference when using this tool - You will notice your cursor now tries to stick to its nearest object.
- Count and measure as normal;
- Once finished click the Snap tool button again to disable it.
To test the Snap tool, choose a measurement and click the Snap icon, now run your mouse across an area of your plan. You will notice your cursor now tries to stick to its nearest object.