- 19 Sep 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Creating a Take-off Template when integrated with Xero
- Updated on 19 Sep 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Creating Take-Off Templates is a time-saving option to populate Projects with frequently used Measurements. When integrated with Xero, Measurements can be linked manually to Xero Items.
Creating Take-Off Templates
1. Copying an existing Stage to a Take-Off Template
When Measurement Parts are already linked to Xero Items, Take-Off Templates are created by Copying an existing Stage in a Project. If Measurement Parts are added as Groundplan Once-off Items instead of Xero-linked items, Groundplan will send those quantities to Xero as Once-off Items.
- From the Worksheet tab, click Stage Actions
- Click Copy to new Template
2. Building a new Take-Off Template
- From the Groundplan home page, navigate to the Take-Off Templates tab
- Click +Take-Off Template
- Enter the Template Name
- Select the Xero Company if it is a Multi-company and click Create
- Click +Measurement and click to add Count, Length or Areas
- Select Measurement Part Type and complete remaining fields
- Click Create
If additional Parts and Labour are required, click Create & Add More Parts
Linking Take-Off Measurements to Xero Items
- From the Groundplan home page, navigate to the Take-Off Templates Tab
- Click Take-off Template name to amend
- Click Measurement name
- Click Part Actions and click Delete
- Click +Part
- Select Xero Item
- Begin your search by entering three letters
- Click to select the item
- Click Save and continue as required for all other Measurements in the Template
Frequently Asked Questions
If I update my pricing in Xero, will my saved Templates automatically update?
Pricing is saved at the time of Take-Off Template creation. If your pricing has changed in Xero, update the Parts in your Template by relinking them.
If Xero Items are linked to multiple Measurements, they will need to be removed from all Measurements and then relinked again.
If I edit or rename the measurement in Groundplan, will it automatically update my part in Xero?
If I add Additional Parts to a Measurement, will this go through to Xero as one line item?
When adding Additional Parts and Labour into Measurements, these items are sent to Xero as individual line items.
Why won't my Additional Items and Additional Labour save in my Template when I use Copy to New Template?
Unfortunately, these are for the Stage only and will not be saved in a Take-off Template.
If you regularly need to add Additional Items and Additional Labour to a Stage, consider saving these separately into a Take-off Template, then apply to the Project from the Worksheet and adjusting the totals.
If I import all my Measurements using the CSV upload option with the same part numbers and descriptions, will they automatically link to my Xero Items?
No. Measurements will need to be manually linked to Xero Items. Follow the GIF above for the steps.
Organise your session today! Click Help > Send us a Message and ask to book in for free training.
Trainers can assist with:
- Workflow solutions
- Time-saving tips
- Making sure you're getting the most out of your subscription
If you've accessed your free training and need further support, reach out to book a 1 or 2-hour paid session.